Photo: National High School Finals Rodeo
Rodeo Roping and Riding
It's not surprising that you can get a hearty dose of rodeo in Sweetwater County, Wyoming. After all, Wyoming embodies cowboy culture, and in few places is that more evident than a local (or regional) rodeo. From saddle bronc to barrel racing and everything in between, these competitions demonstrate the unique skills often needed on ranches across the West.
From near and far, the best riders and ropers pass through the Sweetwater Events Complex and the Green River Rodeo Arena. One event to flag on your calendar is the National High School Rodeo Finals in Rock Springs, the largest rodeo in the world. Recently, the National High School Rodeo Finals were held in Sweetwater County for four years, and this rodeo will be back in Rock Springs during 2018, 2019, 2024, & 2025!
Here is a roundup of the top events held here throughout the year.
- National High School Rodeo Finals (July 2018, 2019,2024 & 2025) – Sweetwater Events Complex
- Spring Series Barrel Race (1 weekend in each of March, April & May) – Sweetwater Events Complex
- Sweetwater County High School Rodeo (Spring) – Sweetwater Events Complex
- Overland Stage Stampede (June) – Green River Rodeo Arena
- Wyoming State High School Rodeo Finals (June) - Sweetwater Events Complex
- Red Desert Rodeo Roundup (July) – Sweetwater Events Complex
- NHBA Wyoming District Finals (September) – Sweetwater Events Complex
- Power of the Pink Barrel Race (October) – Sweetwater Events Complex
For this year's exact dates of the above events and to find other Sweetwater County events, view our full events calander.